I finished the test, and fixed the script. My overall impression is that CubicTest is fairly straightforward, and I have not yet used it to its strengths. I still want to play with subtests, test suites, and custom test steps.
Now for the pictures:
The IP Validator looks like this:
When you enter a possible IP address and click the button, the server-side script returns a nifty table with the result:
Unfortunately, there was a bug in the script. After the third address checked, the display looked like this:
That bug is not the interesting bug I wanted to keep. Here’s the quick test I came up with, using the CubicTest plugin:
During the test development, I added id attributes to the result table elements. That made the common contexts much easier to specify. And I had a few go rounds with eclipse editor weirdness switching the sense of the last check from “text on the page” to “text not on the page”.