The EM78P468B is an 8-bit microprocessor designed and developed with low-power and high-speed CMOS technology. Integrated onto a single chip are on chip Watchdog Timer (WDT), Data RAM, ROM, Programmable Real Time Clock Counter, Internal/External Interrupt, Power-down mode, LCD driver, Infrared Transmitter function, and tri-state I/O. The series has an on-chip 4K*13-bit Electrical One Time Programmable Read Only Memory(OTP-ROM). The EM78P468B provides multi-protection bits to prevent intrusion of user’s OTP memory code. Seven Code option bits are available to meet user's requirements. Special 13 bits customer ID options are provided as well.
With its enhanced OTP-ROM feature, the EM78P468B provides a convenient way of developing and verifying user's programs. Moreover, this OTP device offers the advantages of easy and effective program updates, using development and programming tools. Users can avail of the ELAN Writer to easily program their development code.
- 4K*13 bits on-chip OTP-ROM
- 144 bytes general purpose register
- 128 bytes on-chip data RAM
- 272 bytes SRAM
- 8-level stacks for subroutine nesting
- Power-on voltage detector provided (1.7±0.1V) for EM78P468B
- Typically, 12 bidirectional tri-state I/O ports.
- 16 bidirectional tri-state I/O ports shared with LCD segment output pin.
- Up to 28 bidirectional tri-state I/O ports
- Operating Voltage and Temperature Range:
- Commercial: 2.1V ~ 5.5 V (at 0° ~ 70°)
- Industrial: 2.3V ~ 5.5 V (at -40° ~ 85°)
- Normal mode : The CPU is operated on main oscillator frequency (Fm)
- Green mode : The CPU is operated on sub-oscillator frequency (Fs) and main oscillator (Fm) is stopped.
- Idle mode: CPU idle, LCD display remains working
- Sleep mode: The whole chip stops working
- Input port wake-up function (Port 6, Port 8):Works on Idle and Sleep mode.
- Operation speed: DC ~ 10 MHz clock input.
- Dual clock operation
- High frequency oscillator can select among Crystal, RC, or PLL (phase lock loop)
- Low frequency oscillator can select between Crystal or RC modeIRC mode:
- 8-bit real Time Clock/Counter (TCC)
- One infrared transmitter/PWM generator function
- Four sets of 8 bits auto reload down-count timer can be used as interrupt sources
- Counter 1:independent down-count timer
- Counter 2, High Pulse Width Timer (HPWT), and Low Pulse Width Timer (LPWT) shared with IR function.
- Programmable free running on-chip Watchdog Timer (WDT). This function can operate in Normal, Green and Idle mode.
- Eight Interrupt Sources: Three External and Five Internal
- Internal interrupt source: TCC; Counters 1, 2; High/Low pulse width timer.
- External interrupt source : INT0, INT1 and Pin change wake-up (Port 6 and Port 8)
- Common driver pins: 4
- Segment driver pins: 32
- LCD Bias: 1/3, 1/2 bias
- LCD Duty: 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 duty
- Dice form: 59 pins
- QFP-64 pin: EM78P468BQ64 (Body 14mm*20mm)
- LQFP-64 pin: EM78P468BL64 (Body 7mm*7mm)
- LQFP-44 pin: EM78P468BL44 (Body 10mm*10mm)
- QFP-44 pin: EM78P468BQ44 (Body 10mm*10mm)
- QFP-64 pin: EM78P468BQ64B (Body 14mm*14mm)
Note: These are Green products which do not contain hazardous substances