The EM78P470N is an 8-bit microprocessor designed and developed with low-power and high-speed CMOS technology. It is integrated with Watchdog Timer (WDT), Data RAM, ROM, programmable real time clock counter, internal/external interrupt, power-down mode, LCD driver, infrared transmitter function, and tri-state I/O. The microprocessor is equipped with an on-chip 4K13-bit Electrical One Time Programmable Read Only Memory (OTP-ROM) and provides multi-protection bits to prevent intrusion of user's OTP memory code. Seven Code option bits are available for your requirements. Special 13 bits customer ID options are provided as well.
With its enhanced OTP-ROM feature, the EM78P470N provides a convenient way of developing and verifying your programs. Moreover, this OTP device offers the advantages of easy and effective program updates with development and programming tools. You can take advantage of ELAN's Writer to easily program his development codes.
- 4K x 13 bits on-chip OTP-ROM
- 144 bytes general purpose register
- 128 bytes on-chip data RAM
- 272 bytes SRAM
- 8 level stacks for subroutine nesting
- Typically, 12 bi-directional tri-state I/O ports
- 13 bi-directional tri-state I/O ports shared with LCD segment output pin
- Up to 25 bi-directional tri-state I/O ports
- Operating Voltage and Temperature Range:
- Commercial: 2.1V ~ 5.5 V (at 0℃ ~ +70℃)
- Industrial: 2.3V ~ 5.5 V (at -40℃ ~ +85℃)
- Normal Mode: The CPU operates on main oscillator frequency (Fm)
- Green Mode: The CPU operates on sub-oscillator frequency (Fs) and the main oscillator (Fm) is stopped
- Idle Mode: CPU is idle, LCD display remains working
- Sleep Mode: The whole chip stops working
- Input port wake-up function (Port 6, Port 8).
Works under Idle and Sleep modes.
- Operation speed: DC ~ 10MHz clock input
- Dual clock operation
- High frequency oscillator can be selected from among Crystal, RC, or PLL (phase lock loop)
- Low frequency oscillator can select between Crystal and RC modes
- Peripheral Configuration:
- 8-bit real time clock/counter (TCC)
- One infrared transmitter / PWM generator
- Four sets of 8-bit auto reload count-down timers which can be used as interrupt sources:
* Counter 1: Independent count- down timer
* Counter 2: High Pulse Width Timer (HPWT) and Low Pulse Width Timer (LPWT) shared with IR function.
* Programmable free running on-chip watchdog timer (WDT). This function operates under Normal, Green, and Idle modes.
- Eight Interrupt Sources: Three External and Five Internal:
- Internal interrupt source: TCC; Counters 1, 2; and High/Low pulse width timer.
- External interrupt source: INT0, INT1, and Pin change wake-up (Port 6 and Port 8)
- Common driver pins: 4
- Segment driver pins: 17
- LCD Bias: 1/3, 1/2 bias
- LCD Duty: 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 duty
- Dice form: 59 pins
- LQFP 44-pin: EM78P470NL44 (10mm x 10mm)
- QFP 44-pin: EM78P470NQ44 (10mm x 10mm)
Note: Green product do not contain hazardous substances